Bars From Mars

Hay-lo!!

I'm in the mood for after-school-snack baking!  I am hoping to make some very ordinary chocolate chip cookies today, but, whew, the kitchen is warming up in this heat!  No, wait, I'm still in my pajamas and housecoat.   That could be the heat issue...

Wanting to bake something to share with friends yesterday, my mind turned to a recipe that our Barclay cousins had shared with us on a camping trip a few years back.  I don't make it often as I have to make a special trip to the store to get the main ingredient, but, yum, it is a nice treat now and then.

Hmm, what to call them.  Mars Bars Bars.  Barclay Bars.  Barclays From Mars Bars. BarcMarsBars.  Barclay Marclay Bars.

Ach!!  They are bars made from Mars Bars.

Now everything is sounding ridiculous.

SO SIMPLE!!  Here's the recipe!

4 Mars Bars, regular size
1/2 cup butter
3 1/2 cups Rice Krispies

Melt the Mars Bars together with the butter over medium heat.  IF you melt these for too long, your bars will be faaarrrr tooooo crunchy.  This is the voice of experience.

Toss the rice krispies with the melted mixture of Mars until well blended, and press into a well greased 9 x 9" pan. 

Cool and cut.

Cool, huh? 

Comments

  1. I'm gonna do that!! Sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I made em tonight! I went by your recipe - the one I had saved in my head that was a little different than the one you actually wrote... But, ya can't really get this wrong, can ya?! Anyway, YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts