For A Change

Wow, I took a look at the last blog entry I did here and the date was June 12.  June 12!!!  Yikes!  What have I been doing?!!!!

Well, let's see, there was work (+++), the end of school rush, more work, packing, travelling, returning, packing and getting ready to return again.

We took a major family vacation this year to the Maritimes.  I wish I could share all 1800 photos and 45 minutes of home movies with you.  I'm sure you're all dying to see them ALL.  Right?  Right????  Ah well, we have so many stories to tell, so many memories to cherish.

I seriously don't want to bore you here with the whole schtick.  But I do want to show you a wee taste of some great moments.

The boys travelled so well and were great adventurers.  I think the trip was well timed as their ages alone made them great travelling companions.  It also brought us together after a long, crazy year. 

You know, every kid struggles and succeeds in their own way.  Andrew succeeds at school, but struggled this year with a class room of kids that were hard to be close friends with.  And that bothered him.  All the more reason why these unsolicited poses from him meant so much to me.  He was so full of JOY!



These pictures, to me, tell the story of our trip.  We found something special there and we found something yet undiscovered in ourselves - the joy of adventure and, yes, still living life with that "go for it" attitude. 

That is so freeing. 

I guess that's why Andrew's pictures mean so much to me.  He has learned to celebrate the special moments with unbridled joy.  Reflects the joy already present in his spirit.  I love that.

And that's a good place to be.  I'm proud of him.  And I'm happy with our adventures.  We all had moments like this.  He was the only one to be overt about them.

Not that we didn't geek out a little bit over a few other things.....like seeing the young lady in this picture:


Isn't she gorgeous?  Her husband's speech wasn't too shabby either.  How exciting to be there for those moments.  I think the image will appear larger if you double click on it.

We came home with stories, pictures, a lot of rocks, sunburns, some shells, and more rocks, accompanied by the slight concern that our rock-laden luggage might be too heavy for the plane.  But we made it!

Sigh.  How I'd love to tell you every story and show you every picture.  But, we're friends, right?  Ask me questions and I'll tell you stories, and next time I see you, I may urge you to sit down and browse through our photo albums whether you want to or not!

For now, this time, the last picture I'll leave you with is the only picture that may even slightly be related to cooking.  With fond, fond memories of our last night, on the ocean, at Shediac, NB....


The Dynna Four, Canadian Travellers.

Comments

  1. So beautiful, M. Looks and sounds like your vacation was everything you wanted and more. So glad you enjoyed it. I certainly miss the ocean I see in those pictures!

    PJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, PJ! Wish you could see the rest of the pics. Will post a few on FB eventually, after camp maybe. You probably miss the ocean like I miss the farm...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear about your trip. Sorry, I should've called when I knew you were back. But I think it's been as busy as here as it is up there. Can't wait to see pics next month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Dixie, but, yes, I've hardly been home myself. Looking forward to a nice visit in Aug.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Matthew and I spent only a week in the Maritimes two years ago and it was not nearly enough. We would love to go back and hopefully someday that will happen. You take pictures like we do, enough to fill several scrapbooks at a time. Pictures look like you had a lot of good times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat, we managed to "narrow down" our printed pictures to 500 and there's still a few pictures that I regret not printing. :)

    We did the trip in 10 days which wasn't enough time either; we really had to pick and choose what we saw and we missed so much, but at least we were there and we truly loved every minute of it!

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful time to have gone! How exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts