Holidays, Part 1, Mother Nature Showing Off

Ah yes, "Holidays, Part 1" - not sure if this title might become misleading in the long run.

Will there be a "Holidays, Part 2"????

I'm sure the suspense will be torture for you.

;)

I made a 'short' list of the pictures that I thought I might want to post here.....

.....The short list was rather long....... 

So, for today, a few glimpses of things that I found whilst looking through my lens:

The greens were so green and the evening sun - delightful

 
 
 
True blue






Oh how I love the zoom lens!  I felt like this guy and I were practically eyeball to eyeball.  He studied me and chirped away while I studied him.  The last morning that we were there, HE, or one of his friends/family members, left muddy evidence of his curious nature as muddy paw prints covered the tablecloth.  Alas, we had not left any food for him to eat. 


Beautiful red berries in the evening sun

 
 
 
 
A lush carpet.

There were blueberries there, too!  Unfortunately, there are no pictures of them....why take a picture when you can eat?

 
 
 
 
 
Glorious and perfect detail.  How creative the Creator is!





Pretty butterfly

 
 
 
 
And more luscious green

 
 
 
 
Lily pads on the other side of the lake

 
 
 
 
We rented a pontoon boat one day and had no trouble entertaining ourselves on it all day long.  A little fishing, a little reading, a little napping....

 
 
 
 
The water sparkled

 
 
 
 
While we enjoyed the quiet on the lake, the beach was a busy place.  We soon learned to head to the 'unpopular' end.

 
 
 
 
Beaches are made for sitting, reading, talking....





...boating.....

 
 
 
 
 
 
And I love the humour of this sign!  Well done, Kimball, well done.


Many more pictures to share, stories to tell.  But, really....you had to be there.....

Comments

Popular Posts