There and Back Again

After what looks like a 2 year hiatus, I think I'm back.

I never forgot about this space, you know.

Lots of things prevented me from writing freely - and so I didn't.  My kids grew from precocious little gaffers that said and did cute little things to independent young men, with people in their lives and a desire for privacy followed by "no pictures, Mom."

On top of that, I started this space as a recipe sharing space that quickly headed into food stories that then developed into just stories and then the stories got kinda deep for me and all of a sudden, it was going to take a lot of self-revealing if I really wanted to write what was in my heart.  And then, by that time, were people reading because they wanted recipes or family stories or self-confessing gut searching reveals or what?  So I just didn't write at all.  At least, not here.  ;)

But I haven't forgotten about writing and have often longed to be able to start over and just be here in this space in whatever capacity I could.

And so, with a little motivation found last weekend at Break Forth One,  I'm back.

I've re-titled the blog - "At My Table" with a subheading of "a place for thoughts about food - and a place for food for thought!"  (However, the domain remains makeagain.blogspot.ca  because changing anything about that makes my eyes cross and for fear of losing all of what I've written before, so we'll just go with that until I get much smarter.)

However.  This time.  This time, I need to write what's in me, no apologies.  I can pretty much give you a heads up that there may not be a lot of recipe sharing because, hello, Pinterest.

Current statistics:  Pinterest recipe pins:  15 billion
                              Make Again recipes:  92 (not billion)

Pinterest has definitely taken the lead on that one.  Ahem.

The things that do rattle around in my soul that long to come out are often things that relate to my faith.  So if reading faith-based thoughts doesn't exactly fly your kite, you are hereby released from ever clicking on post headings.  You're allowed to be disinterested - live and let live!  Just as long as you know that I don't come here to preach - I come here to process and reflect and set free things that are moving my heart at the time.  Sometimes that might be related to my faith, sometimes it might not be.  I just can never be too sure!

While I don't consider myself a 'writer' or a 'photographer', this is space for me to practice both.  Heavy on the word "practice".  I expect some duds on both elements.  And hopefully some pieces that will move me enough to write in such a way that you're moved too because it's not about me - it's about words and thoughts and beauty and awareness and ah-ha moments, none of which I can take the credit for.

So, welcome back.  Thank you to those who have quietly encouraged me to come back.  (Rhey).  The comments are always open for conversations.  I have no goals for grandness, only goals for letting these words out so that they can do us all good.

So, please pull up to my table and let's talk.  I'll put the coffee on and serve you my very best.


Maybe they've grown up a bit since you last saw them!
My little gaffers are now big gaffers!
Proud mama!


Just me!

Comments

  1. Welcome back! Looking forward to reading your stuff again. <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to be back! A decision long in the making. Ya know, you're my main (and only!) commenter - I appreciate that you do so! :)

      Delete
  2. This will be a pleasure Maureen. I love your light-hearted writing style. Very amusing and colourful! Makes me wonder what happened to my blog also? Blog on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica! Dust that blog off and get back at it too! I hope to fulfill your expectations....pressure's on. ;) I know you love writing too - would be eager to read yours as well!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad to see you back here Maureen. I've been thinking of starting a blog too that would be leadership/coaching related.....not sure I have the courage! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll admit, it's a pretty big leap creating the blog and making those first couple of posts. But finding your voice is also exciting and freeing. If it's on your mind, there's a good chance it's because it needs to be done by YOU. Go for it!

      Delete
  4. I really like your writing - you seem to speak from your heart and it is so personal. Not everyone can put onto paper what they feel in their heart. Good for you.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen! Thanks for dropping in! I appreciate your thoughts!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts